Week 3 Assignment 3-Mini Lesson Based on Running Record


Mini Lesson:

What went well and what needs to be improved
In the running record that I watched, the boy read with accuracy and on an independent level. He also comprehended the text well and answered the questions nicely. However, based on the running record assessment, I noticed that he does not read with proper expression and does not pause in the correct places. Therefore, I would like to work on his fluency. This mini lesson is a great way to improve his fluency. By modeling appropriate reading and rereading the same text, he will learn how to read fluently, with proper expression.

Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.2.4.B
Read grade-level text orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression on successive readings.

Learning activities and engagement
Students will choose an age appropriate text they would like to listen to on storyline online.com. This will model fluent reading to them and engage them to read fluently.
Then they will practice rereading the same text a few times to develop fluency.
Next, they will record themselves reading the text fluently with proper expression and hand it in to the teacher for assessment.

Assessment
I will listen to the recording of the students reading the text and see if they mastered the skill of reading fluently. Based on the results, I will plan future instruction.
In addition, I will perform another running record with the students to see whether they learned how to read fluently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 assignment- Video observation

Week 1 Assignment 2: Lesson Plan Critique